Sonovate Limited (“we“, “us”, “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of anyone using www.sonovate.com (“our site”) and/or https://members.sonovate.com/ “our portal“).
“you” or “your” means the person, firm, company or organisation browsing or using our site, whether as a guest or a registered user.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Sonovate Limited of 32 Bedford Row, London, United Kingdom, WC1R 4HE.
Scope of this Policy and Disclaimer
Information we may collect from you
When using our site, our portal and/or otherwise when we provide you with services, we may collect and process personal data from you such as name, address, contact details (email and telephone number), qualifications and employment experience, PAYE information and in respect of any responses to questions or assessments we carry out or information you volunteer to us (including that of candidates and your customers). We may also collect sensitive personal information to ensure we comply with our legal requirements, such as equality legislation and where it is supplied by you, for example CV information and to enable us to undertake searches for fraud and anti-money laundering purposes.
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site and/or our portal. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site or our portal, subscribing to our recruitment services, posting information or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our site or our portal.
- In the course of providing our recruitment services to you.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site or our portal including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Uses made of the information
We use personal data held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site or our portal is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our recruitment services and any other obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, such as disclosing personal data to third parties such as prospective employers, clients and third party service providers.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
We may also use any personal data which you provide us with, or permit selected third parties to use such personal data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
We may also share aggregate information with selected third parties but, in such circumstances, we do not disclose information which can identify you, such as your name.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose personal data, including any sensitive personal data where necessary, to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our clients and customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- To enable such third parties, including our business partners or service providers to undertake services on our behalf.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
Where we store personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Retention and access to information
We are required by law to retain personal data for as long as is reasonably necessary to comply with our statutory and contractual obligations.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.